July 19th, 2010 the Kewaunee County Board of Supervisors voted in favor of going forward with the following resolution that will now go to the Governor, the PSCW, Sen Lasee and others. Thanks to those folks from the Forward Energy Wind Farm area who helped us out with testimony and to the local Kewaunee County folks who are donating their time, money and efforts to appear at these meetings and educate our town boards and Kewaunee County residents.
COMMENTS BY KEWAUNEE COUNTY CONCERNING THE DEVELOPMENT OF RULES FOR WIND ENERGY SYSTEMS
TO THE HONORABLE KEWAUNEE COUNTY BOARD OF SUPERVISORS:
WHEREAS, The Kewaunee County Board of Health held a discussion on comments prepared and endorsed by the Towns of Mishicot, Two Creeks, Two Rivers, Carlton, and West Kewaunee; and
WHEREAS, based upon the discussion of the Board of Health, the Chairperson of the Board of Health recommends the Kewaunee County Board of Supervisors concur and endorse the following comments and concerns regarding the May 14, 2010 draft of Chapter 128 rules for wind energy systems:
1. Setbacks for wind turbines should be taken from the property line of the adjoining non-participants;
2. Setbacks for wind turbines should be large enough so as not to create shadow flicker or excessive ambient noise on adjacent property a minimum of 2450 feet;
3. Setbacks for wind turbines should be large enough not to create a loss of wind or property rights for the adjoining property;
4. The estimated decommissioning expenses should be backed by a Bond Fund from the Developer;
5. Transportation expenses should also include damage caused to roads from the decommissioning of the wind turbines; and
6. EMS – Emergency Communication Interference caused by Wind Turbines should be corrected by the Developer in conjunction with the political sub-divisions within one year.
NOW, THEREFORE, be it resolved, by the Kewaunee County Board of Supervisors duly assembled this 19th day of July, 2010, that the Board concurs and endorses the comments and concerns expressed above; and
BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, the County Clerk shall send a copy of this resolution to: The Public Service Commission of Wisconsin, Governor James Doyle, Rep. Garey Bies, Rep. Ted Zigmunt, and Sen. Alan Lasee.